Applications for the 2016 Artistic Program will open August/October 2015.
Applications for the @Sawtooth pop-up space are always welcome throughout the year. Please contact the Gallery Director, Patrick Sutczak for more information > email@example.com
Sawtooth ARI is an Artist Run Initiative based in Launceston, Tasmania committed to servicing our community through the provision of a quality exhibition program. We showcase contemporary and experimental art by local, interstate and international artists at various stages of their professional career.
• Strength and innovation of the proposed exhibition/ project
• Demonstrates contemporary and experimental arts practice
• The promotion of national contemporary arts practice in the north of Tasmania
• The promotion of emerging artists
• Projects working closely with local communities
• Group exhibitions and curatorial projects
Front Gallery $700 Middle Gallery $500
Project Gallery $300 New Media Gallery $400
• Exhibitions run for a three-week period with a one-week turn around.
• Proposed exhibitions can include more than one gallery space.
• Openings are concurrent; i.e. one opening will take place for all four gallery spaces.
• Exhibiting artists are required to sit the gallery on one Saturday or pay the one-off fee to cover a sitter.
• Commercial galleries and non ARI projects will be charged a higher rent fee.
• Sawtooth board will organise and manage a bar on opening night.
• A non-refundable 30% deposit is required on return of signed contract to confirm your placement in the Sawtooth ARI 2015 artistic program. Balance of fee is due 14 days prior to exhibition opening.
• A completed application form
• A one page Artist CV or one page Curator CV + brief bio per artist in proposed exhibition
• Exhibition proposal – please limit 300 words
• 6-10 images of artwork related to your submission (jpeg or PDF submitted on CD or via email - please limit to 1MB per image if submitted separately) Please state whether these images will be included in the proposed exhibition or are samples of similar works.
Late submissions will not be considered. For ease of assessment it is preferable to submit applications and support material via email formatted into a single PDF.
Exhibition proposals are made to the Sawtooth Committee and are considered on their merit and availability of dates, in order to present a diverse gallery program of high standards.
Email proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clearly label all attachments preferably sent as 1 PDF, less than 4MB.
Subject: 2016 Artistic Program Proposal
HAND DELIVERED SUBMISSIONS
First Floor, 160 Cimitiere St, Launceston 12-5 Wed-Fri / 10-2 Sat
PO Box 1614, Launceston TAS 7250
Any enquiries can be made to the Director, Patrick Sutczak via email email@example.com
NEW MEDIA GALLERY