CALL OUT FOR EXHIBITIONS & PROJECTS
FEBRUARY – DECEMBER 2015
Sawtooth ARI is an Artist Run Initiative based in Launceston, Tasmania committed to servicing our community through the provision of a quality exhibition program. We showcase contemporary and experimental art by local, interstate and international artists at various stages of their professional career.
• Strength and innovation of the proposed exhibition/ project
• Demonstrates contemporary and experimental arts practice
• The promotion of national contemporary arts practice in the north of Tasmania
• The promotion of emerging artists
• Projects working closely with local communities
• Group exhibitions and curatorial projects
Front Gallery $700 Middle Gallery $500
Project Gallery $300 New Media Gallery $400
• Exhibitions run for a three-week period with a one-week turn around.
• Proposed exhibitions can include more than one gallery space.
• Openings are concurrent; i.e. one opening will take place for all four gallery spaces.
• Exhibiting artists are required to sit the gallery on one Saturday or pay the one-off fee to cover a sitter.
• Commercial galleries and non ARI projects will be charged a higher rent fee.
• Sawtooth board will organise and manage a bar on opening night.
• A non-refundable 30% deposit is required on return of signed contract to confirm your placement in the Sawtooth ARI 2015 artistic program. Balance of fee is due 14 days prior to exhibition opening.
• A completed application form
• A one page Artist CV or one page Curator CV + brief bio per artist in proposed exhibition
• Exhibition proposal – please limit 300 words
• 6-10 images of artwork related to your submission (jpeg or PDF submitted on CD or via email - please limit to 1MB per image if submitted separately) Please state whether these images will be included in the proposed exhibition or are samples of similar works.
Applications must be e-mailed, hand delivered or postmarked on or before: Friday 31 October, 2014.
Late submissions will not be considered. For ease of assessment it is preferable to submit applications and support material via email formatted into a single PDF.
Exhibition proposals are made to the Sawtooth Committee and are considered on their merit and availability of dates, in order to present a diverse gallery program of high standards.
Email proposals to: email@example.com
Clearly label all attachments preferably sent as 1 PDF, less than 4MB.
Subject: 2015 Artistic Program Proposal
HAND DELIVERED SUBMISSIONS
First Floor, 160 Cimitiere St, Launceston 12-5 Wed-Fri / 10-2 Sat
PO Box 1614, Launceston TAS 7250
Any enquiries can be made to the Director, Marisa Molin via email firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW MEDIA GALLERY